Ronin WOLF's forum for SI uni 2

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

How to find high and low temp planets

2 posters

Go down

How to find high and low temp planets Empty How to find high and low temp planets

Post  sandog Sun Sep 20, 2009 10:50 am

If your looking for a planet with a certain temperature then you will find the following very useful:

The temperature of a planet is not random, it is in fact constant throughout the Universe. For example; 01:001:01 has the same temperature as 02:001:01, 03:001:01, ext., so if you find a planet with a temperature you want but that is already colonized just change the galaxy until you find a galaxy that the planet isn't colonized. The temp will be the same, the number of fields is random though.

I hope this helps.
sandog
sandog
Admin

Back to top Go down

How to find high and low temp planets Empty Newbie Question

Post  Guest Fri Sep 25, 2009 11:18 am

Why does the heat of the planet matter? Thanks.

Back to top Go down

How to find high and low temp planets Empty good question!!!

Post  sandog Fri Sep 25, 2009 1:24 pm

ok the heat of the planet matters for 2 reasons....

1 if you have a hot planet, then soloar cells will make alot of energy for you.

2 if u have a cold planet, then your spice mine will produce alot of spice.

if u try and build alot of solar cells on a cold planet, then u wont get the same as building it on a hot planet, same goes with spice mines.. it has to do with the total overall yeild of the mine or cell on or around the planet. so for example if u build 10 solar cells on a cold planet away far away from the sun u will actually be getting less energy from those 10 cells than if u built them on a hot planet near the sun. lets say u build a spice mine close to the sun, and it produces say 25 spice an hour....then u also built the same lvl spice mine on a farther planet from the sun, u will probably make about 75 spice an hour.

somewhere on si, there is a more better explaination of this, but for now i hope this helps.. any other member who knows more about this subject please leave a comment below, thanks
mike
sandog
sandog
Admin

Back to top Go down

How to find high and low temp planets Empty Hot Planet

Post  Starkiller1960 Fri Nov 05, 2010 7:59 pm

That is EXACTLY the reason I built a planet in galaxy 5 directly beside the sun and built it up to teleporter 5...so when I use it to go from my planets on each end of the game, the teloporter recharges REALLY fast

Starkiller1960

Back to top Go down

How to find high and low temp planets Empty Re: How to find high and low temp planets

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down